Suffering with pregnancy nausea? Know anyone suffering? Here are some top tips to help!
- Eat smaller meals – little and often.
- Try anything with ginger in it. Not all might suit you but one thing should. One of my clients said ginger ale got her through.
- Try ice – cubes or ice pops. Gets fluids into you too!
- Go for plainer food, avoiding spices and refined products.
- Some women benefit from wearing bands at a pressure point on their wrists. This stimulates an acupuncture point I always use for nausea.
- Try dry crackers or plain biscuits – this is a common one.
- Rest when you can – tiredness can aggravate nausea.
- Some scents such as citrus or peppermint can help – try peppermint oil on a handkerchief to sniff when nauseous.
- Eat slow release carbs when you can.
- Easier said than done but try to avoid dehydration as that aggravates nausea.
Acupuncture once a week whilst suffering nausea really helps. Call me for a chat to find out more!